A Birthday Prayer


Dear God,

Turning another year older is a precious blessing.  I am most thankful to you for adding one more year to my life.  When I look back to the years in my life, I could clearly see your hand behind all of my life's writing.  You are indeed the author of it. 

There were many good days in it, and there were also many that were sad.  People came and went.  Many people stayed.  Hopes were fulfilled and dashed.  Achievements were unlocked, be they big or small.  Buckets of tears were shed but there were also tons of laughter.  In all those threads of my life, you were behind them all, my beloved God.

Then there were those serendipitous moments when things happened by chance.  Random events that accrued to my advantage.  They clearly were not because I did it by myself or because of who I am or because of what I did.  It was all you, my God.

If I sum up all those years, there were more color and adventure and excitement in that total than there were pain or sadness or despair.  Mostly there was joy.  And the feeling that I was always loved.  In my baddest, saddest, meanest, ugliest, I was always loved.  By You.

I pray that you grant me more years of this joyous adventure, my God.  Please always be by my side, hold my hand, and protect me as I venture forth.

Love,

Your child

 




 

Copyright @ 2020 All rights reserved.